New York Interfaith Wedding
Interfaith Wedding in New York Metropolitan Area
Officiating at interfaith wedding in the New York City Metropolitan area in NYC, New York State.
I am glad to meet with you at a mutually convenient time and location for a no obligation, New York interfaith wedding consultation.
Interfaith wedding expert Rabbi Genn, our New York Executive Director, encapsulated our approach when he said, "Interfaith marriage, and blended families are Good for society. They help bridge the differences which separate us, and emphasize the very powerful idea that we are all God's children!" As a interfaith wedding organization we believe in empowering interfaith couples, so that they can celebrate their wedding, and not repress their heritages, be they Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Jainist, Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, etc.... We encourage them to involve interfaith family and Ethnic wedding traditions in the New York celebration as well, so that the interfaith wedding moment has authenticity as its hallmark. Rabbi Genn has consistently emphasized that the "people" should be the celebrants, with clergy helping to facilitate, as needed.
Offering New York wedding, the Rabbi can perform Jewish, Interfaith, Non-Denominational and civil marriage ceremonies, interfaith counseling, destination weddings, private Bar/Bat Mitzvah services, interfaith baby naming ceremonies, commitment ceremonies, nuptials, and interfaith funeral services.
Mordecai Genn combines in his self, a balanced blending of the traditional and contemporary. Specializing in the Jewish and interfaith New York community, he was ordained as an Orthodox Rabbi at Yeshiva University, he served in the Conservative movement, i.e. The United Synagogue, as a Congregational Rabbi and as a Day School Principal. Over time he moved to a Reconstructionist approach, and to leading M'vakshe Derekh, a Reconstructionist Congregation in Scarsdale, N.Y. Currently he views himself as interfaith post-denominational, and enjoys sharing with New Yorkpeople coming from diverse backgrounds. Rabbi Genn as a Doctor of Philosophy, specialized in Near Eastern and Judaic Studies at Brandeis University. He has served as an educator at all levels, from directing an Elementary school, to teaching at the University level. As a New York person he is blessed with a fine sense of interfaith humor, and a deep empathy for the human condition. He enjoys helping others actualize their interfaith wedding, hopes and dreams.
Celebrating an interfaith wedding, ceremony incorporates aspects of both parties’ religions and traditions. With over 30 years of experience, the interfaith Rabbi Genn expertly designs and conducts meaningful religious wedding, honoring beliefs and traditions important to the interfaith bride and groom. Call Rabbi Genn to see a sample interfaith wedding.
- Jewish / Catholic New York interfaith wedding
- Mormon / Catholic New York interfaith wedding
- Jewish / Hindu New York interfaith wedding
- Hindu / Muslim New York interfaith wedding
- Wiccan / Jewish New York interfaith wedding
- Jewish / Chinese New York interfaith wedding
- Jewish / Christian New York interfaith wedding
- Iranian Muslim / American Episcopal New York interfaith wedding
- Egyptian Muslim / Indian Catholic New York interfaith wedding
- American Jewish / Italian Catholic New York interfaith wedding
- Irish Catholic / Greek Orthodox interfaith wedding
- Palestinian Muslim / American Jewish interfaith wedding
- Russian Eastern Orthodox / German Lutheran New York interfaith wedding
- Atheist / Presbyterian New York interfaith wedding
- Jain / Greek Orthodox New York interfaith wedding
- Agnostic / Born Again Christian New York interfaith wedding
- Japanese Shinto / Jewish American New York interfaith wedding
- Pakistani Muslim / Austrian Protestant New York interfaith wedding
- African American Baptist / South Indian Hindu New York interfaith wedding
- Vietnamese Buddhist / Korean Presbyterian New York interfaith wedding
- African American Muslim / African American Baptist New York interfaith wedding
- Jewish / Buddhist New York interfaith wedding
- Zoroastrian / Hindu New York interfaith wedding
- Japanese Shinto / English Anglican New York interfaith wedding
- African American Baptist / Moroccan Muslim New York interfaith wedding
- Evangelical Christian / Jewish New York interfaith wedding
- Sikh-Presbyterian New York interfaith wedding
- Russian French Jewish Sufi / African American, Native American New York interfaith wedding
- Born Again Christian / Catholic New York interfaith wedding
- Chinese Taoist-Confucian / American Protestant New York interfaith wedding
- Puerto Rican Catholic / African American Jehovah Witness New York interfaith wedding
- Buddhist/ Methodist New York interfaith wedding
- Afghani Muslim / Unitarian Anglo Saxon New York interfaith wedding
- Greek Orthodox / Lutheran Iranian-Jewish New York interfaith wedding
- Jewish / Christian Chinese New York interfaith wedding
- Sufi / Protestant interfaith New York wedding
- Armenian Orthodox Christian / Jewish New York interfaith wedding
- Pentecostal / Hindu New York interfaith wedding
- Jehovah Witness / Quaker New York interfaith wedding
New York Wedding for Interfaith New York Couples
For many interfaith couples, finding the right New York wedding center and wedding officiant can be more challenging than meeting the parents. Fortunately, New York City is full of wedding ministers and rabbis willing to unite all interfaith couples. We are most willing to personalize the New York wedding according to your wishes, however unorthodox.
Rabbi Genn is a interfaith NY & NM wedding Officiant, Interfaith Minister and Wedding Celebrant who performs spiritual ceremonies and weddings as well as non-denominational and New York interfaith wedding straight from the heart.
Rabbi Genn will create a New York wedding that reflects your unique traditions and your similarities. Thirty years experience with wedding is possible only because we sensitive to interfaith traditions. For couples of different religious backgrounds, having to incorporate selected aspects of each religion’s tradition and find clergy willing to participate in a multi-denominational or multi-faith wedding wedding can be difficult.
Rabbi Genn can also offer New York wedding with little or no dogma. Such wedding has all the elements of a spiritual ceremony, we speak of God, there are blessings and prayers but we leave out the dogma. Rituals and symbolism are done in a universal interfaith context speaking to all hearts. Should you choose readings from religious text, we choose those which are universal. Also, there is a copious amount of poetry and literature material spanning every era, culture and creed for every aspect of your wedding. The core of the ceremony will always be about yourselves, love, relationship and family.